Supply Chain Supervisor (Purchasing)
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
Morningside Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and exporter of branded generic medicines and healthcare products worldwide. We are proud to be a key manufacturer of medicines, supplying to the NHS, retail pharmacy sector and international markets, as well as being the UK’s trusted supplier to Aid agencies and NGOs.
The Supply Chain Supervisor Role
We are looking to recruit a hardworking, organised and focused individual for the position of Supply Chain Supervisor within our Supply Chain Department. This role is responsible for processing orders and keeping in contact with our customers.
The Roles’ Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting or deputizing for the Deputy Supply Chain Manager as necessary
- Working in compliance with the Quality Management System, and assisting with review and maintenance of departmental procedures
- Day-to-day supervision of a small team (Forecasting and Replenishment), ensuring tasks are tracked to completion and deadlines met, and a high level of team performance maintained
The Forecasting and Replenishment Team are Primarily Responsible for:
- Routine review of stock levels of entire product portfolio (100+ products)
- Creating and presenting proposals for replenishment of stock based on various factors such as stock levels, supplier lead time, expiry dates etc.
- Liaising with international suppliers face-to-face, over the phone and verbally
- Raising Purchase Orders on the ERP system and sending to suppliers, then tracking until delivery
- Ensuring live reports are maintained and updated in a timely manner
- Generating Supplier Forecasts
- Managing expiry of packaging componentry with suppliers
- Managing ad-hoc projects on behalf of the department
- Working closely with various departments in the business on a day-to-day basis
- Providing excellent customer service and arrange despatch of goods to a small customer base
- Creation and presentation of reports (on all MS packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Requirements for the Supply Chain Supervisor Role
- Must be able to multi task and cope with pressure within a fast-paced work flow
- Have good one-to-one management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and via email
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C
- Fast learner to understand complex processes
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate a high level of competency with using MS packages (particularly excel)
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Morningside offers a competitive pay package alongside other company benefits such as a pension scheme, private healthcare and reward and recognition scheme.
If you feel you are suitable for our Supply Chain Supervisor position, please apply via CrunchPoster here.