Deputy Finance Manager
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm.
Morningside Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and exporter of branded generic medicines and healthcare products throughout the world. We are proud to be a key manufacturer of medicines, supplying to the NHS, retail pharmacy sector and international markets, as well as being the UK’s trusted supplier to Aid agencies and NGOs.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, organised and attentive individual for this role within our expanding, dynamic and progressive accounts team.
The Deputy Finance Manager Role
Reporting into the Accounts Manager, you will have a variety of responsibilities where precision and accuracy must be present. Key areas include, but are not limited to:
- Production of monthly management accounts pack and statutory accounts.
- Producing trial balances, balance sheets and profit & loss accounts.
- Journal entries including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Annual budget and forecast preparation.
- Building excellent internal and external relationships.
- Supervision, mentoring and guidance of junior members of the team.
Requirements for the Deputy Finance Manager Role
- Worked within a financial environment for at least 3 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualified by experience or Finalist (Professional Accounting Qualification).
- Experience in using accounting software.
- Experience in building budgets and forecasts.
- Working understanding of stock.
- Working understanding of Corporation Tax.
- Experience in completing month-end duties including journals, Profit & Loss and Balance sheets.
- Understanding of VAT and processes.
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice.
- Able to provide analytical review and running commentary.
- Experience in analysing and submitting VAT returns.
- Experience with adjusting stock and provisions.
- Experience in calculating tax liability.
- Sage 50 knowledge.
- Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience.
Morningside offers a competitive pay package alongside other company benefits such as a pension scheme, private healthcare and reward and recognition scheme.
If you feel you are suitable for our Deputy Finance Manager position, please apply through CrunchPoster here.